FP AUTOSPECKTM Stickies
The facts of recycled fiber in today’s paper market
1. Consumer and regulatory requirements for higher recycled content.
2. Global demand for secondary fiber sources continue to increase.
3. Pressure to use secondary fiber that had previously been deemed unusable
With each step taken towards utilizing these sources both the deinking facility
and the paper machine are dealing with a higher potential for contaminants
to foul the operation and final product.
With this comes the need to develop better tools for analyzing the processes to determine if:
• the cleaners are working at maximum efficiency
• contaminants are being removed from the process
• there are any potentials for deposit build-ups in the paper machine
• the paper machine is going to get hit with a “contaminant storm”
• the printer is going to see any runnability issues due to contaminants
Challenging, without a doubt.
Technidyne, in association with FPInnovations, is pleased to introduce to the market the FPAutoSpeck™. The FPAutoSpeck™ marries proven image analysis software with innovative sample classification and presentation techniques to bring to market a powerful tool for macrocontaminant analysis. The FPAutoSpeck™ can be operated in the fully automated mode, sampling process streams and pulp cleaning operations or it can be operated in the manual mode for doing additional analysis or one time test.
The FPAutoSpeck™ captures the contaminant data critical for good process control and provides it to operations in a format that is going to allow for quick analysis and proper decisions. If you find your operations are challenged by out-of-control contaminants, then the FPAutoSpeck™ can give you the tools to absolutely manage your process.
More details will be coming soon.
Technology brought to market by FPInnovations and Technidyne
View the FPAutoSpeck™ Overview Video